GIVE THE GIFT OF READING
Please consider making a donation to Imagination Library of Smyth County. This program sends a free book every month to each registered child in Smyth County from ages 0-5.
Here are some facts about our local program:
– The first books were mailed in October 2016 to 72 children.
– Since then we have seen a 336% growth!
– We currently have 242 enrolled which is only 13.92%* of the children under age 5 in Smyth County.
As our program grows, so will our expenses:
13.92%* or 242 children = $605.00 per month
25% or 435 children = $1,087.50 per month
50% or 869 children = $2,172.50 per month
75% or 1304 children = $3,260.00 per month
100% or 1739 children = $4,347.50 per month
*Based on 2010 census data: 1739 children under five years of age in Smyth County
There is a donation level to fit every budget:
– $30 sponsors a child for one year.
– $150 sponsors a child for the entire time they receive books (age 0-5.)
– $30 a month sponsors 12 children for a year.
– $500 donation or more is a star sponsorship.
– Or you can name any amount as your donation.
There are several ways to donate:
– Call the Chamber office at (276) 783-3161
– Email us at email@example.com
– Donate online by clicking HERE
– Stop by our office at 214 W Main Street in Marion, Virginia
Thank you for supporting Imagination Library of Smyth County!
Welcome to Imagination Library for Smyth County, VA. This program provides FREE books to Smyth County children ages 0-5! Books will be mailed to the children monthly.
To sign up your child, please fill out the information below, or you can print the Smyth Co VA Brochure and mail it to:
The Chamber of Commerce of Smyth County
214 West Main Street
Marion, VA 24370
Any donations can also be sent to this address.
(Please make checks payable to The Chamber of Commerce of Smyth County with Imagination Library in the memo section)
Please click HERE for the most recent news about our Imagination Library program.