Why Buy Locally Owned?
Top reasons to Think Local - Buy Local - Be Local
- Buy Local -- Support yourself: Studies have shown that when you buy from an independent, locally owned business, rather than a nationally owned businesses, significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses, service providers and farms which continues to strengthen the economic base of the community.
- Keep our community unique: Where we shop, where we eat and have fun -- all of it makes our community home. Our one-of-a-kind businesses make us who we are!
- Support community groups: Non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from smaller business owners than they do from large businesses.
- Create more good jobs: Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally and can help attract larger employers.
- Get better service: Local businesses often hire people with a better understanding of the products they are selling and take more time to get to know customers.
- Invest in community: Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community’s future.
- Encourage local prosperity: Research shows that entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character.