April 7, 2018 at 8:00 am
Nestled in the mountains of Southwest Virginia, Hungry Mother State Park offers a challenging network of trails. This 50K is two laps of a 15.6 mile course with approximately 3,500 feet elevation gain per lap. (The 25K will be one lap of the same course.)
The park consists of some well-groomed as well as more technical trail sections. Click HERE for the Facebook event. Click HERE to register. For a course map, please click HERE. The aid station distances and cut off times are listed below. Best of all, this event supports Imagination Library of Smyth County. Your registration helps get free books in the hands of our county’s children! Feel free to call or email us with any questions: email@example.com or 276-783-3161. #HM2550k
Our top male and our top female will both receive a $100 gift card from Altra Shoes! Our top three males and top three females will each get a 100ml bottle of Pjur Active 2Skin Anti-chafing Gel, and a gift card from XOSKIN! ($50 for first place, $30 for 2nd place, and $20 for 3rd place.)
Each finisher who registered before the deadline will receive a performance shirt, a meal, and a unique finisher award. Registration has closed. If you still want to run it, please call 276-706-2060 to see if it can be arranged.
- Receive a 25% camping discount at Hungry Mother State Park good for Friday and Saturday nights the weekend of the race! After you register, we will share the discount code with you. Enjoy this beautiful state park after the event. We also want to thank the park for letting us host this race and for being so great to work with.
- We appreciate the support from Richardson Ambulance Service for our race. Ultra trail running can be dangerous. Having them on site at the race gives us peace-of-mind.
- We’re excited to have Hammer Nutrition as one of our sponsors again this year. Having Endurolyte and Heed at the full aid stations, along with gel packs will make a huge difference for our runners.
- We want to thank the Town of Marion for supplying the barricades for our beer area! Without the barricades, we would not be able to serve beer at this event.
- We want to express our gratitude to The Bank of Marion for sponsoring this race. This outstanding community bank continually shows support for organizations that help the residents of Smyth County. This race is ultimately a fundraiser for Imagination Library of Smyth County and would not be possible without their support!
- Thank you to Pepsi Bottling Company for providing drinks for our runners.
- Thanks to Altra Shoes for sponsoring our race and donating the gift cards for our winners.
- We appreciate Pjur Active providing 2skin products to our winners and samples for all of our runners.
- We are grateful to XOSKIN for providing gift cards to our top three male and female runners!
- Thank you to Savage for working with us on the shirt order!
- We are excited to have Captured By Brandi photographing our race this year!
Aid Station Distances and Cut Off Times
Full Aid 5.5
Full Aid 9.9
Start/Finish Full Aid 15.6 – End of 25k
Full Aid 21.1
Full Aid 25.5
You will have ten hours to complete the 50K and five hours for the 25K.
There will only be two on course cutoff times for the 50K.
-If you are over 5 hours on Lap 1, then you will not be allowed to start Lap 2.
-If you have not left the aid station at mile 25.5 (which begins the tough climb up to Molly’s Knob) by the 8 hour mark you will be required to continue straight to the Start/Finish area bypassing the climb up Molly’s Knob and the Raider’s Run/Old Shawnee Loop.
Thank you to our sponsors!